Anyone who wants to put down on record his or her top 10 predictions for 2006 is welcome to do so.
I will go first. Now why do I hear people laughing?
1. 99-year lease bill will be shelved after pressure from the public to give the 2008 referendum a chance.
2. Koror State Ngarametal baseball team will once again be crowned Palau MLB Champions. (No, I don't play MLB baseball. I used to play (wannabe) in Palau's very first Little League campaign more than quarter of a century ago, I guess 1978)
3. Vicky Kanai wins Airai State Governorship. (Not that I vote in Airai)
4. Paving of the 53-mile Compact Road completed (at least that's what the ACOE's been saying for the last 3 years)
5. Move to new Capital Building complex in Ngerulmud, Melkeok face uncertainty as the capital sewer system is yet to be operational. (Not one person yet is arrested for torching of the capital's sewer station)
6. Can I have "Do I see one OEK member will resign in disgrace", Alex?
7. Senate, House, and the President off course like predicting day and night, will continue their bickering, squabbling, wrangling, etc. on a supplemental to the current FY 2006 budget and the coming FY 2007 budget.
8. Palau's economy will see the tourist industry rebound from around 20% decline this year and performs faster than the IMF predicted 5% growth rate. (
Heh! the U.S data on housing price is coming down foretelling a possible downturn of the world largest economy and that could in turn makes U.S greenback more affordable on the forex market could help make Palau more attractive destination to Asians especially the Japanese market)
9. If you are thinking that next year will be the year that you will get the Cetificate of Title for your land, I have news for you, you'd be lucky if your land is not one of the 7,000 lots still to be litigated, and that could take as long as even after your retirement when you start living on your pension and SS. Not?
10. And of course, I will be able to post more original content on this blog, after earnings on my little business on the side should be able to make me quit this robotic and structured ROPGov 8am - 5pm job.
Anyways, A Kuureng er a kmal tokubetsu, e ungil, e bekokeuii el Beches l' Rrak el me kau ma telungalek er kau.